Planning for our exciting 45th Anniversary and Reunion at our Winter Leadership Development Workshop is well underway. Both alumni members and speakers have committed to attending and speaking, either as a first time panelist at our workshop, or to share their experience and memories from their prior attendance. All speakers have been engaged to share their knowledge and experiences around topics we have heard are of interest to you. In addition, we continue to strengthen the presentations around Society Best Practices, an area where we frequently hear that the experience of past presidents who have sat in your seat, or walked in your shoes, is invaluable to the strength of your individual presidency.
Returning member societies will also be sending leaders from their organizations. We look forward to learning about what their societies have been working on and to network across the many different scientific disciplines within CSSP.
In addition to the general workshop content, the Frontiers of Science (e.g. the “Brain Candy” of each workshop) is, once again, shaping up to offer exciting new scientific breakthroughs. For example, we will learn about “Cementing the Future with Geopolymers: Opportunities and Challenges.”
Deborah Bronk, PhD
Former President, Association for the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography
Previous Leadership Notes:
- CSSP Board Chair on 2018 Spring Leadership Development Workshop (6/5/2018)
- President’s Report for 2016 (12/21/2016)
- Summary of May 9-11, 2016, CSSP meeting (5/24/2016)
- Some Success on Easing Travel Restrictions for Federal Scientists, But More Needs to be Done (2/3/2016)
- Science and Engineering Indicators 2016 Released (2/2/2016)
- Politics and Science Should Mix (10/13/2015)